Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday, Monday and more

Not making ice cream on the 4th of July this year had its benefits. I was not exhausted at the block party. I am more rested today. No one even missed it, so I probably won't ever go to the trouble without some help in making the ice cream.

Now, for my eating habits, I lose weight best when I eat often. On some of my posts I just have a list of food. When I list breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I am trying to conform to others' expectations of having meals and snacks by plugging foods into proper categories.

The truth is that I eat sometimes once an hour. Over the course of a day this looks like meals even if it is a long list.I am hypoglycemic and eat when I must. To adapt that condition to weight loss, I just eat often to stave off hypocglycemia.To stay healthy I eat what I should be eating for a meal but at different times.

If I have slaw now, I might have green beans later, then a small piece of chicken later. I might follow that with a banana or apple. That makes a good meal even if it were eaten over a four hour period. Sometimes, I really do eat it all together. Well, maybe the piece of fruit will follow a bit later.

A friend once told me, "Linda, you don't eat, you graze!" He was not accustomed to eating this way. At the time, I was losing weight daily. He was impressed not critical.

Listing what I ate and the time might be more of an eye-opener for people! I really have "snacks" all day long! The difference is that when I eat healthy snacks, I lose weight.

When I list a salad, I really did eat that all at once. Yes, I was really hungry!

breakfast: huge glass of milk
lunch: boiled egg. brownie square (60 cal)
snacks: 1)apple, 2) cheese and coke, 3) Coke and chips
dinner: salad greens, shredded cheese, tomato, diced chicken, shredded carrots
smoothie snack: banana, strawberry, mango, blueberries, yogurt, oj

The cooler weather, humidity, and a breeze made it possible to get a little more exercise today. Hanging out the laundry is not a miserable chore on days like today. How many people are hanging clothes outdooors to dry?

No comments:

Post a Comment