Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fireworks

Today is the day I go to Birmingham to watch fireworks on Red Mountain. It will also be a day of good eats. My contribution is deviled eggs and a big bowl of boiled eggs. For the last 17 years or so, I have made homemade ice cream. I just was not in the mood or needing the hassle or weight to carry! I have to carry the cannister in a cooler full of ice. No way, today.

Breakfast: Coke and cheese sandwich
Snack: apple, 1/2 deviled egg

Great company, blazing fireworks!

At the block party:
plain roast turkey chunks
cheese tortellini
salad with apricots
small fudge square with coconut in it
strawberry pie
banana nut bread
tomato and feta in dressing

At home I ate:
fudge
cheese

For my offering I took a plate of deviled eggs and a dozen boiled eggs served in a bowl. I think only one was eaten on the spot. I encouraged others to take an egg home for Monday. Most people took two. I encouraged the last guy to take the last, lonely egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment