Sunday, June 27, 2010

Magical Brownie recipe

These brownies are delicious. I cannot say they are exactly like brownies. They are chocolate and gooey. When they are hot the taste of the bananas is very evident. When the brownies are cold, the banana is barely evident. Instead of a food processor, I just used a potato masher. Once in a while, I chewed on a partial bean. Each time, I was excited to have that chocolate chip feeling. It may have been my imagination, but the bean tasted like chocolate chip and had the same texture!

After a fat-feeling Saturday and a fat-feeling day yesterday, I decided to pull out this recipe on Sunday and try it.

This recipe came from http://www.kaylaksthriftyways.com/?p=1008. She used another recipe and came up with this one.I added the salt. You can click on the link on her page to see the original recipe and directions. Here is my version. Next time, I will add a quarter tsp of vanilla.

Magical Brownies

2 ripe bananas
1 can black beans or about 2 cups cooked at home
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup instant oats (put whole oats through processor)
1/4 tsp salt

Cook in 350 degree oven for about 30 min. Test center.



What I ate today:
Coke and potato chips, baked
milk and cereal
chocolate milk
chicken
lots of fruit
magical brownies

Somehow I ate no vegetables! Or, I cannot remember.

Tomorrow is the day I weigh at TOPS.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing this.
    I too am working on weight loss, best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete