Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fat and looking for a dress

Whew, the wedding is over and I think I looked okay, even fat. My friend's granddaughter was getting married today at 2 pm. Well, I decided about 6 pm on Friday that I had nothing to wear. I thought I would run out and get something, anything. That did not work so well because I am fat. Walmart, KMart, and Belk's were destinations. Nothing at KMart; nothing at Walmart; one dress one one t-shirt at Belk. I tried on a dress or two Belk, finally bringing home one that I did not try on. Yikes! When I paid for it, it was $171 for both on my charge card at Belk's. No way. But, it went home with me anyway because I might not find anything else.

The price of the dress made me even more determined to find something elsewhere and cheaper. Finally, I brought home an orange and pink floral, $15 from Walmart...well, all leaves no flowers. It fit. But, my fat arms showed as did my farmer tan and all the mosquitoe bites on the backs of my arms. The bites have been scratched, so it was ugly.

This morning, I washed my hair, put on the dress, knee highs, and good black flats and set out to look for shoes, purse, and scarf for around my back...to cover my arms. No sandals in pink leather! So, I bought a pair of houndstooth rain boots. Okay, I will need them next winter, and they were on sale. Thankfully, I found no purse I would carry. BUT, I did find a hot pink scarf that just set off the dress. I wore my Enzo Angiolinis that are pink and carried a straw purse.

After the wedding, I took back the unworn sundress and t-shirt to Belk. So, my outfit cost me about $30 today. That's much better.

All in all, it has been a good day.

Breakfast: got up late Coke, cereal, milk
Lunch: Orange Juice, big bite of goat cheese
Wedding: tomatoes, cucumber sandwich, tuna sandwich, strawberries, pineapple,two crackers and bit of cheese ball, punch, wedding and groom cake that I did not finish.
Dinner:squash, chicken, apple, banana

The wedding was beautiful. The bride was glowing...lol. It was a perfect sunny day.Even though I am sooooo fat, I felt good about my appearance. However, seeing myself in a dress in a three-way mirror has made my resolve to lose weight even greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment