Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A really good loss this week

Despite eating things that are not conducive to weight loss, I lost 3 lbs this week. However, I did eat more fruits and vegetables. Balancing the foods in my life is the key to loss. If I eat a pint of ice cream, most likely I will be satisfied for the rest of the evening.

However, in the past I have just eaten more food that evening even though I was not hungry. This works for me. The extra calories I consume on top of too many calories are all calories in fruits and vegetables.

This may be wrong-thinking, but I depend on the fiber to move things along so the calories and fat have less of a chance to stick with me. It seems to work.

Plus, I sort of plan in my head most days what I will eat for the day. This plan always has a banana, apple, strawberries, mango, oj, and blueberries. Grapes and cherries may be included. You recognize some smoothie ingredients? Right! At the TOPS meeting last night, the idea of planning out and writing out the days eating plan was brought up. I have always done this when I wanted to lose weight. It is sort of like packing all meals and snacks for the day. I have done that, too. In the past, I have written down my plan some days; other days the plan stays in my head.

This last week, I added prunes to the daily menu. Gotta keep the food moving along.

A salad was included everyday with either chicken or tuna salad for that meal.

I must admit I buy the bagged greens. I will eat salad greens if they are ready to go. I usually have radicchio, romaine, and carrots. There are carrots in the bag, but I add carrot straws I have bought at the store. Since both hands are injured, they don't last through the day if I do too much with them. Yes, I type. Yes, food/vegetables costs more if bought prepared.

Facing hard facts and remembering vegetables gone bad, this is the most practical and prudent way to go. There is only me eating this, so it is not like I am buying bagged salad greens every day for multiple people. Adding a fresh tomato makes my meal complete. Of course, a little cheese grated on the top makes a meal with all sorts of nutrients and categories of food.

So, I am happy and encouraged by my success. How about you? Have you been successful in losing weight this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment